Curtiss-Wright EST Group Construction Project
Construction of three new buildings over an eight year span for the corporate headquarters and manufacturing facilities in Hatfield, Pennsylvania (60,000 square feet) and Baton Rouge, Louisiana (20,000 square feet).
- Worked closely with Curtiss-Wright EST Group corporate executives to write and solicit competitive bids from architectural, engineering, construction management, and general contracting firms.
- Developed three different types of RFP’s to be used on the projects dependant on varying construction market economic conditions in two different states.
- A design/build method of project delivery was used in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- A construction management type of contract with a fixed fee and a GMP was used in Hatfield, Pennsylvania on the original plant construction.
- And a firm price competitive bidding was deemed more appropriate for use on the Hatfield addition that was built.
- Handled all aspects of the design and construction administration phases for all three projects, including the authoring of the three different types of the contract agreements.
- Represented Curtiss-Wright EST Group as their owner’s representative during all design and construction meetings at the job sites.
- Reviewed, critiqued, and negotiated all change order requests submitted by the various design and construction teams.
- Carefully inspected the work of all trades to insure quality workmanship, and compliance with the contract documents and local building codes.
- All three projects were completed within the owner’s time and budget requirements.
2005 - 2014
- Baton Rouge, LA
- Hatfield, PA