Construction of three new buildings over an eight year span for the corporate headquarters and manufacturing facilities in Hatfield, Pennsylvania (60,000 square feet) and Baton Rouge, Louisiana (20,000 square feet).
- Worked closely with Curtiss-Wright EST Group corporate executives to write and solicit competitive bids from architectural, engineering, construction management, and general contracting firms.
- Developed three different types of RFP’s to be used on the projects dependant on varying construction market economic conditions in two different states.
- A design/build method of project delivery was used in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- A construction management type of contract with a fixed fee and a GMP was used in Hatfield, Pennsylvania on the original plant construction.
- And a firm price competitive bidding was deemed more appropriate for use on the Hatfield addition that was built.
- Handled all aspects of the design and construction administration phases for all three projects, including the authoring of the three different types of the contract agreements.
- Represented Curtiss-Wright EST Group as their owner’s representative during all design and construction meetings at the job sites.
- Reviewed, critiqued, and negotiated all change order requests submitted by the various design and construction teams.
- Carefully inspected the work of all trades to insure quality workmanship, and compliance with the contract documents and local building codes.
- All three projects were completed within the owner’s time and budget requirements.
2005 - 2014
- Baton Rouge, LA
- Hatfield, PA