Episcopal Church of The Redeemer Construction Project
The Episcopal Church of The Redeemer’s project included the renovation of the existing Parish House, built in 1885 and designed by renowned architect Charles M. Burns, the renovation of the attached 19th century Sexton’s Cottage, the demolition of the existing 1955 Parish House addition and, in its place, the construction of a major new three story addition. Paramount during the design and construction of this new facility was the preservation of the historical nature of the existing Parish House and Cottage to integrate it into all of the building’s magnificent new spaces.
- Acted as the owner’s representative during the design development and guaranteed maximum price (GMP) cost analysis stages of the project
- Worked with the construction manager, design team, church staff, and committee members to evaluate the potential cost savings ideas and subcontractor bids during the finalization and approval of the construction manager’s GMP
- Represented the church during the two year construction phase, attending all project job meetings, change order review, and negotiation sessions
- Ensured completion of the construction phase of the project while navigating multiple mandatory Covid pandemic shutdowns
- Monitored all on-site work to enable the church’s occupation of the new facility in their desired timeline for completion
- Provided invaluable insight to the owner during the the review and approval process for over one hundred contract change orders valued at $500,000
- Coordinated the project punch list completion and project closeout requirements with the design team, construction manager, and church staff
May 2018 - May 2022 (Design Development, GMP, and Construction Phases)
Bryn Mawr, PA
Photos courtesy of TheRedeemer.org, Ken Garner, and W.S. Cumby, Inc.
Videos courtesy of Ken Garner (time lapse) and Ian Lissack (drone)